This position is accountable for providing gear repair sales, field analysis, and service to the users of Industrial and Marine Power Transmission products.
- Analyze and evaluate performance and operational problems in a wide variety of reducer and increaser gearboxes.
- Travel worldwide to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, talk with customers by phone and to provide field service repair to our customers.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of LUFKIN’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Call on management representatives at commercial, industrial, or other establishments and attempt to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products or services offered.
- Provide technical services to clients relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize portable or permanent analysis instruments to collect performance data.
- Repair or replace defective parts or oversee these tasks at customer facilities.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain nature of mechanical problem and possible solutions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three or more years related experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Understanding of gear manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Familiarity with rotating equipment associated with gears, such as turbines, motors, engines, compressors, generators, pumps, fans, extruders, mixers, and propellers.