Churchill Beam Pumping Unit
The Industry’s Preferred Shallow-Well Unit
Churchill Beam Balanced Pumping Units, available exclusively from Lufkin Industries, have been field proven since 1954. They offer the same rugged dependability as our conventional crank balanced units. On shallow wells around the world, they have long been the producers' unit of choice.
Lufkin offers a full line of standard units as well as a low profile design. These units are used when vertical height clearance is a concern.
Standard Unit Sizes
Churchill’s precision-cut helical gears are encased in a strong, heavy-walled, cast-iron gear reducer housing. For smaller, beam balanced pumping units, these gear reducers are the most economical and reliable available.
Lufkin’s Churchill gear reducers are also designed to exceed API and AGMA specifications. All tapered roller bearing cups are mounted in bearing carriers.
This unique configuration minimizes field replacement time and prevents damage to the housing should a bearing fail. Special features include:
- Unique StepDown™ housing design, which minimizes shaft deflection and improves proper gear meshing
- Positive lubrication by integral wiper system
- Built-in oil level sight gauge
- Precision-cut Lufkin helical gears
- All shafts made from high grade steel, heat treated and precision turned to tight tolerances
Download the Churchill Brand Beam Balanced Pumping Units Brochure pdf and the Chruchill Brand Beam Balanced Pumping Units Installation Guide pdf.