Injection Pressure Operated Valves
RIPO-1.0 | RIPO-1.5 | RIPO-1.0BL
The RIPO is a wireline retrievable injection pressure operated gas lift valve that comes in 1" or 1-1/2" O.D. This valve is primarily controlled by injection gas pressure. The valve is used to control gas pressure and its flow from the casing annulus into the tubing during gas lift operations. The valve is installed in side pocket mandrels.
The valve is designed with a sealed chamber, including a bellows assembly that contains a nitrogen charge over dampening fluid. The bellows serves as an interface between the dome pressure and injection gas pressure. The dome charge provides the closing force of the valve. When injection gas pressure exceeds the closing force, the bellows compress, lifting the valve stem off the seat, allowing gas to be injected through the valve and into the tubing.
The RIPO valve consists of a tail plug, upper packing, bellows assembly with valve core and bellows, bellows housing, stem with tungsten carbide ball, seat housing, floating seat, lower packing, lower packing retainer, and nose with reverse flow check dart with optional choke sizes. The valve is constructed of premium materials for corrosion resistance in wells with high concentrations of H2S and/or CO2. Packing and elastomeric materials for the valve are available for standard and special service.
- Stainless steel or premium materials
- Three-ply monel bellows
- Mechanical stop prevents bellows overstroke.
- Viscous fluid shear dampening prevents bellows fatigue and stem pounding
- Tungsten carbide ball and stem assembly
- Replaceable floating monel seat (tungsten carbide seat available)
- Integral reverse flow check valve
- Silver brazed bellows connections
- Compatible with other manufacturers’ side pocket mandrels
- Bottom latch option available (RIPO-1.0BL)